By Matt Rooney

Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Blog

Writer-director Steven Knight promises fresh take on "World War Z" sequel

Posted by jargononline on January 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM

After an impressive indie venture with “Locke” and a Netflix hit in “Peaky Blinders” someone is finally giving writer-director Steven Knight a shot at the big time in the form of the “World War Z” sequel. The trend makes sense: Hardy, Irish gangsters and then zombies. Hey, everyone has to do it.

However, the great news is not that Knight will be helming the sequel to smash-hit, but how he is going to do it. In an interview with the great Anne Thompson at Indiewire, Knight mentioned how he will wipe the slate clean and start fresh, most likely with a whole new story.

Here is what he said:

"I thought, 'why not? What fun.' It’s not quite like the other, we're starting with clean slate. When they've signed off we're on."

It’s not a whole lot to go on, especially how the script probably isn’t even written yet, but it’s an exciting tidbit. Knight is a truly great writer and I’m sure what he has planned will be stupendous. “Locke” was one of the unsung greats of last year and what I’ve heard about “Blinders” is nothing short of excellent.

No telling if Brad Pitt will still be acting in film, but his Plan B productions will still be producing. I’m still cool with this as his producing credits are almost as good as his acting ones, and this includes the Best Picture-winning “12 Years A Slave”.

The rest of the interview covers his show, “Locke” and his writing schedule. Not a tremendous amount on the zombie sequel, but a fine article nonetheless. Click the hyperlink above to read it all. Or just trust everything I’ve said on your own. I’m cool with either.

 

 



Categories: News for Newsies

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In

0 Comments